Caring for your Rug can be challenging, especially when it gets such a lot of foot traffic in the home, but it is essential to take care of your Rugs to keep them looking good and lasting for a longer time. Let’s face it; an excellent decent Rug can be costly and take such a long time to get the right one.
Here are a few tips you should use to help your Rug last:
- It is always best not to lay the Rug anywhere with direct sunlight; this will help avoid sun fade, especially in colourful rugs.
- Use a Rug underlay. This will stop the Rug from slipping and lessen the foot impact when walking on the Rug on a hard surface. Choose an underlay suitable for your type of flooring this will prevent the colour from transferring to the floor it’s lying on. This can happen with a very colourful rug on a cream carpet.
- Use a good Vacuum the Sebo Vacuums are what we recommend; we also use these Vacuums on any Rug cleaning we do. Vacuum the Rug on both sides. Make sure you vacuum the busy entrance often.
- Use a safe spot cleaner without any bleach on your Rug and not an off-shelf cleaner. Do a spot test first before you use any cleaner, this is to stop the colour run.
- Always get the Rug cleaned regularly, Art of Clean offer a Clean and protective service. When the Rug has been cleaned and dust and dirt have been extracted, we will brush through our protector into the fibres of your Rug. This will create a seal that will make it difficult for liquids to penetrate your Rug. Using the protection service makes it easier to clean your rug next time.
- It is always best to get any damage to your Rug repaired as soon as possible this will avoid them getting worse; leaving a Rug with frayed edges can resort to them getting worse. Art of Clean Cambridge can offer a quote for any Rug repairs.
- Try to avoid storing a Rug for an extended period; it can cause moth damage and maybe some damp problems if not stored properly. We have had many disheartened customers that have had to dispose of the Rug due to Moth and damp damage due to poor storage. We recommend that you get the Rug cleaned before storing it, then store it in a cool, dry place rolled up but laying down flat. DO NOT FOLD THE RUG. If storing or shipping your Rug, wrap it in Tyvek and not just plastic. Get moth repellent applied.
Our services include Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, oriental and area Rug Cleaning, Curtain Cleaning, Patio, Driveway Pressure washing, Leather Cleaning, Stone and Tile Floor Cleaning, and Wood Floor Sanding and Restoration.